Working The Patch

     A trend that I've really liked for a while is the elbow patch trends. Jackets, sweatshirts, and cardigans with elbow patches. I absolutely love it! It's somewhat out of the box while being an awesome fall trend, and there's something sort of English/countryside about it (and I do think it was borrowed from the guys)....or maybe thats just me?
    I've seen a lot of my favorite bloggers wearing elbow patch tops, and walking around downtown I've spotted a few people wearing them too. I thought, hmmm....how would I wear that? So, here are 3 of my favorite items with patches, and some ways I styled them. How would you wear the trend?

Working The Patch


Blazer: I absolutely love this blazer from H&M, especially the back! Also, the gray color goes so well with the brown patches! I thought to pair the blazer with a striped long-sleeve, light wash skinny jeans, and riding boots. For a touch of sparkle, I added a beautiful glitter clutch to the mix. I think the stripes and the clutch stand out so well in the outfit, and can take place of any necklace or bracelet. I also really like the combination of the blazer and the boots!

Sweatshirt: My favorite thing about this sweatshirt is its simplicity, and I really love how the colors come together so well without clashing! I took the road of adding dark wash skinny jeans to the top, a simple plain/neutral scarf, a gorgeous shoulder bag, and a stack of bracelets to accessorize. My favorite part of this whole outfit has to be the Wellington Boots! I'm actually starting to like these even more, and they bring back memories of when I was little and I had my tiny pink pair(though we called them gum boots) that I'd run around in. I just love that yellow!

Cardigan: Cardigans are such an amazing go-to outfit in any closet! And I feel like this is just such a classic outfit. Denim, tartan, and loafers. But oh-no, it might go deeper! I absolutely love the deep-denim color of the shirt, and that tartan skirt is so cute! For accessories, I chose to put in a chain-link necklace for extra bling. I also really like the studded loafers, and I've recently worn mine with some socks, so I added that in too along with! The adorable little shoulder bag from H&M is also one of my favorite things in the outfit!

     I was voted #9 on All Women Stalk's 10 Fantastic Preppy Style Blogs list! Thank you so much! Congratulations to all the other awesome blogs on the list.

14 comments:

Heather Cavanaugh said...

I love elbow matches!!! I have a blazer with elbow matches and the first time I wore it bf was like "what are you a professor now?" hahaha

http://fashionistanygirl.blogspot.com/

Tari said...

Hahaha thats so funny! But oh well, at least you'd be a stylish professor!

Grace (The Stripe) said...

Love the elbow patch. I really like it on that striped tee. Would be a fun/easy DIY too.. super cute!

Kate said...

I JUST bought a black cardigan with elbow patches (from H&M). I love these ideas

Tari said...

Grace- I agree, its one of my favorites! And ooo,that would be an awesome DIY.
Kate- Lucky you! I bet it's so cute! Thanks!

erica marie said...

I love the cardigan and it's such a fun trend.

xo erica

Tari said...

Thanks, I agree!

Pearl said...

LOVE the plaid skirt - too cute! Happy to have found your blog - it is great!

xXx from Paris
http://laperleaparis.blogspot.com/

Fash Boulevard said...

obsessed with that blazer. super cute. thanks for sharing, love. I've got a new fash trend report. Love to hear what you think. xo

http://fashboulevard.blogspot.com/

Tari said...

Pearl - Thank you!
Fash Boulevard - Thanks, I'll check it out!

Fabrizia Spinelli said...

I really enjoyed this post! I love your sense of style!

Fox House giveaway on my blog!
Take a look and if you like follow me, I’ll be waiting for you: Cosa mi metto???

Natalie said...

I just read through all of your posts on your blog, I'm so hooked! Love your style. Looking forward to following along!

Tari said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

they are cute! love them

Andy
www.afterflats.com

All images & posts are property of Peppermint + Ivy, all rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.