Getting The Boot

    With fall here and winter soon approaching, boots have begun to replace my flats and sandals. But hey, who's complaining? They're such a cute alternative to open shoes, and really calling them an alternative seems like almost an insult!(my apologies to the boot family).
     My guest post on College Prep focused on what shoes I'm wearing this fall, and most of them turned out to be boots! So, I thought a styling post was in order, to share some of the different kinds of boots I love, and a few ways to wear them!

Getting The Boot

The Rain Boots: I've seen people wearing these Hunter Wellington Boots for a few weeks now, and I actually really love them! They're so subtle, yet they just have this look about them that I adore! Maybe its the fact that they're glossy, ready for the rain, and cute! I've seen them in yellow, blue, and red, but my favorite has to be these gray ones. I chose to style them with boyfriend jeans, a striped long-sleeve, and a cable-knit pullover. For accessories, I think that a bag would be enough, maybe with a pair of stud earrings. This outfit is all about minimalism, with small vocal points, and absolutely cute shoes!

The Peeping Boots: I think peep-toe booties are so adorable and stylish! They just add a sort of playful touch to your outfit, and I really like that. For this outfit, I chose to pair the boots with leggings, a lace long-sleeved top (with a tank top beneath it), and a gorgeous cream blazer. To accessorize, I chose a stack of silver bangles, a skinny leather belt, and a studded bag (on my Forever 21 wishlist) to finish the look.

PART TWO!!

The Grungy Boots: For a day when you're feeling a little wild, I think a pair of grungy/edgy boots are the way to go! I combined these boots with a little military-esque style. I paired them with dark green skinny pants, a sequin tank top, and a cool colored denim top (from Target, where wonders occur). I absolutely love the denim shirt! I chose a light-leather bag and some cool bracelets for accessories.

The Play Boots: Here comes the exciting part! The moment I saw these neon green booties from Modcloth, I fell in love! Highlighters are a part of my every-day life, so how about the idea of making their color into shoes ? I think they'd look great with a pair of leather pants, a green bedazzled tank top, neon green belt, gorgeous neon bag, and neon two-finger ring. It's like a neon party on the streets!


So, which of the boots from above are your favorite?

14 comments:

Tari said...

Thank you!

kelly @ paper doll theory said...

adore the styling! what do you use to create those awesome collages? loving your blog btw!

love kelly

www.paperdolltheory.com
click here to enter our giveaway!

Tari said...

Thanks Kelly! I use Polyvore (polyvore.com).

Fash Boulevard said...

this just might be my favorite post you've ever done. the styling is perfection. your blog always makes me smile. obsessed. stop by some time. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Kileen said...

great pairings! i love the peep-toe booties look the most!

cute & little

Tari said...

Fash Boulevard - Thank you so much! Im glad you like it!
Kileen - Thanks!

erica marie said...

Love this post, peep toe boots are definitely my favorite, love all the looks though.

xo erica

hiromi said...

I love the play boots. The color is amazing!

Unknown said...

Loving these inspirational collages, they are so fab! Great for this fall.


xx

Ashley

http://goldendivine.blogspot.com

Mom Fashion World said...

I fell in love with all the neon outfit and boots!
So stunning.

By the way, I adore how you did the collages.
How did you that? Photoshop? I would like to learn how to do that.

Tari said...

Thank you everyone!! And I used Polyvore (polyvore.com), I love it!

One Fine Day said...

Love your blog! Thanks for stopping by my blog as well:) You're so creative. Love today's post!!!

Kate said...

I always wear my boots the same way so it's fun to see other ideas!

Tari said...

Yay thats great, glad I could help!

All images & posts are property of Peppermint + Ivy, all rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.