Corner Stores & Cobblestones

A Little Bit Longer: Home.


I love cobblestone, and I can't really pinpoint why. Im not sure if i'm making a connection with nature, or if the texture is what catches my eye. Either way, I know I really like it! On the fronts of houses, on street corners, wherever it is, I love it! What comes to my mind when I think of cobblestone is the sense of rustic-ness. Something urban, cool, yet with a fantastic nature-esque vibe. So, I put together a collage to show off my ideas for a rustic-urban street home, and here it is! I incorporated ideas for both a bedroom and a living room. Also, I sort of imagined the two rooms as if they were in a apartment in SoHo, maybe in a cobblestone building.


Some of My Favorite Pieces:


Printed Pillows: I think for an urban home, printed pillows make a huge impact! They add a sense of cool, which sets of an awesome tone!

Unique Vases: Unique or un-ordinary vases are a great addition to any room, especially one that you want to have a certain vibe to! Besides, they come in the coolest shapes, textures, and designs!

Antique Chandelier: I absolutely love chandeliers, but sometimes Id like to sway from the crystal delights and go off to ones a little more worn. I especially love this brass chandelier!

Vintage Ottomans: Adding more to the urban vibe, I think a vintage ottoman is a good piece to add to a living room. I absolutely love the design of its legs, especially the wood carvings, and the velvet cushion is lovely!

Rustic Bed: I absolutely love this bed, especially because of its headboard! I love the collection of all the different types of wood as they come together, and the colors are great too! Also, colored throws on top of it add a pop of color.

Printed Rugs: Ive always been a fan of printed rugs, especially ones with cool patterns! For a room like this, they would work best in neutral colors, or semi-dark colors mixed with neutrals (ie: dark red with brown or black).

18 comments:

Megan said...

I love that collage... what beautiful pieces! I love patterned pillow, they always make a room look better :)

Tari said...

Thank you!

Unknown said...

You have such a lovely blog! I can't believe you're only 14 - so impressive! Keep up the good work, my friend :)

Aya said...

Such great items in your collage! I love printed rugs as well :) they are so unique! xoxo

Manding. said...

aaagh ! what perfect finds!

ps, http://amandamantes.blogspot.com !

Josie said...

I love pillow with fun prints that pop -- perfect, especially against a solid couch or comforter!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

SHANTIQUE DESIGNS x said...

Im obsessed with printed pillows and chandeliers!

♥♥♥Would love if you entered our:
HOUSE OF HARLOW GIVEAWAY♥♥♥ (We think youd rock one of these necklaces!!!)

shantik designs
LOVE xxx

Melissa, The 25th Hour said...

I am absolutely obsessed with bookshelves, especially the style like the one you showcased.

Ikea is always an affordable route to take when looking for bookshelves. And I love those printed pillows! You just can't have enough pillows :]

alicia said...

love these pieces!

Jazzmin Style said...

Nice set! Printed pillow are great!!

Visit my blog www.dutyofstyle.blogspot.com

M said...

i love the collage! amazing
http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

Tari said...

Thank you so much everyone!!

julianne. said...

so i love ALL of this gorgeous stuff.<3

Fash Boulevard said...

love the pillows. super glad i found your blog. i'm following. I'd love if you'd check out my celebrity fashion and style blog and see if your interested in following too. Thanks love. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Tari said...

thank you!

Elle Sees said...

Such a cute collage

Lisa said...

Such pretty decor ideas.

Tulips & Tulle said...

Lovely picks!

Tulips&Tulle

All images & posts are property of Peppermint + Ivy, all rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.