The Spakler's Stepping Stone

          When it comes to decorating my room, I always try to add in little fun pieces since I can't really go all out. Something I've started doing a lot more is adding small touches of shimmer to my room. Hanging necklaces on my lamp, getting a gold frame, tying my shimmery scarf around the doorknob, etc. And though those may be a few unconventional ways to add shimmer, I love them and they gave way to today's post.
     There are tons of ways you can add a small hint of shine to any room, without having to go all out and change everything in there. Adding a hint of shine can make a room more fun and add a personal touch to it, and just overall make it a cool and stylish place to be!
The Sparkler's Stepping Stone


So have you ever thought of adding.....

A Crystal Chandelier: This might be a somewhat big job, but adding a sparkling chandelier to a room would just light it up 100%! Crystal chandeliers are gorgeous, and I just love the way the light hits all parts of it, giving off a gorgeous shine.

A Mosaic Mirror: This is an artistic way to add shimmer, especially if its little squares of glass. Mosaics are so pretty, especially on mirrors.

Shimmering Curtains: I think curtains are the vocal point of a house, so having ones that make an impact is awesome! I especially love shimmery curtains because the minute the sun peers through them, its gorgeous.

A Sparkly Pillow Cover: Adding a sparkly pillow cover doesn't take much time, and they leave your seats/couches looking absolutely fantastic as a whole! Just think, the minute your guest is ready to sit down, they see the pillow covers and are in awe! Besides, they just make me smile.

A Glass Table: I've always loved glass tables, and I really like how small and understated this one is! It's not too big to over-power the room, and it isn't exactly shimmer, but it has just enough shine!

Crystal Lamp: I am in love with this lamp! I love how the shade is black, and then it just has pieces of shimmer hanging around it. How cute is that?!

A Scented Candles: Scented candles are just great. I love how they can add a warm sense to the room, with just a touch of one scent!

Eat, Sleep, And Be Merry Chandelier: This has to be my favorite piece out of all the ones I've listed! This chandelier is absolutely gorgeous, and so creative! It's filled with silver & gold forks and spoons. Ahhh it leaves me in awe! This is definitely something I'd love to have in a dining room. This would be such an awesome DIY too!

A Metallic Seat: Adding a metallic seat to a room would be great because it's nothing too major, but it adds an amazing statement to the room! I think it's a piece that would pop out so much, and really make the room look gorgeous! I've always thought that metallics go with everything, and this seat counts too!

6 comments:

lindsey said...

I just found your blog and I LOVE IT! You are beautiful!!!! Would love for you to stop by my little piece of the blogosphere. I am doing a fun giveaway here is the link: http://www.lovelinds.com/2011/11/stella-and-dot-giveaway.html

xoxo Linds

Tari said...

Thank you so much Lindsey!

Gabbi said...

I love shimmer and glitter, in my clothes and my decor! Great picks, Tariro. XO
http://northshoreprep.blogspot.com

Indy said...

Ooo, crystal chandeliers are so gorgeous!

ashley nicole catherine said...

so gorgeous! love all these items!
xo

Tari said...

Thank you!

All images & posts are property of Peppermint + Ivy, all rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.