Kitchen Fancy

     The thought of having my own kitchen brings butterflies to my stomach! I absolutely love kitchens, especially big ones with tons of space, long counters, and big windows that let the sun in! Ever since I was little, I've spent lots of time with my mom and grandma in the kitchen, and those are some of the best memories I have! Running around my grandma's gigantic kitchen, sitting on the dark red floor and playing while they talked over pots and pans.
     That's why I love them so much, because of the memories! While looking at some interior decor sites, I stumbled upon this kitchen and I instantly liked it! I love how simple it is, and how the whites and browns blend together so well! This kitchen and a few others inspired my post for today, which is what my dream kitchen (or one of them) would look like!


Kitchen Fancy
 
      The main colors I chose to go with were brown and white, with silver pieces to compliment those two.

Aluminun & White Chairs: I think aluminum chairs would look absolutely gorgeous in this kitchen! There's something about their color and their look that I just love! To balance them out, I chose some really pretty white chairs to go along with that.

Brass Table: Taking a lead from the chairs, I chose a brass table as the centerpiece for this kitchen. Like with the chairs, I just love how it all looks together! I can picture them together in my head, and it's almost a match made in heaven!

Dinnerware Set: Though this seems like a random selection, specifics are just as important as broad items. I feel like I'd have all my dinnerware set out by 3 o'clock, and if I ever do that I'd love to have these white bowls and wares!

Antique Chandelier: I absolutely love chandeliers, and this one's no different! It's absolutely gorgeous!

Glass Bottles: I really like the idea I had for these glass bottles. I thought of maybe putting sand in them, then having them as a centerpiece for the brass table, along with some decorations. Or maybe I could hang them around the kitchen.....hmmm.

Kitchen Storage Unit: I'm not too big on the huge long storage places for the good plates, and I really love this small storage unit! I like how it's small, and under-stated, so it won't over-power the room and it'll make its own statement.

Ceramic Books: I had the idea of having these silver ceramic books on the counter, and tucking away family recipes and little notes between them, along with cookbooks. They're so pretty!

Cupcake Stands: Another idea I had for things to put cupcake stands on the counters. I think the sweet aroma of the cupcakes would make the kitchen smell delicious, and just have that home tone we all love!

So, those are a few things I'd love to have in my future kitchen. What would be in yours?

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Like you, i also like huge kitchens! with a big island and lots and lots of counter space to store all the cookies and goodies. :D

:)
Carrie
http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

titaz said...

just landed in your blog
wow. it's a dream kitchen :D

nice to meet you :)
Hello from Indonesia,
Titaz
www.stylieandfoodie.blogspot.com

Tari said...

Carrie- We're definitely alike when it comes to that!
Titaz- Thank you!

Heather Cavanaugh said...

I can't wait to have a big kitchen. I mean the kitchen I have now is a step up from our last apartment and I love how we turned a pot rack into a wine rack. But I can't wait to own a house and have a real kitchen...a kitchen that is my own that I can redesign if I so please.

http://fashionistanygirl.blogspot.com/

Tari said...

I love what you did with the pot rack! I definitely know that your future kitchen will be to die for!

Carlinn said...

This is so cute! I am loving my own kitchen right now but there is still so much i want to do with it! :)

Mary said...

Love those home style!

http://acupofmary.blogspot.com/

All images & posts are property of Peppermint + Ivy, all rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.