Splurge Vs. Save: Glitter Loafers

     Another emerging Fall trend I'm really loving is Glitter Slip-On Loafers. I think I professed my love to a lovely black pair from J. Crew a few posts ago, and it hasn't simmered down at all! They are absolutely gorgeous, and I'd never even thought that glitter could end up covering a pair of shoes, or even looking so perfect!
     But, sadly, I can't pay $215 for them so I just stare at them and think "What if.....", and I think a few other people do as well! But, there's no need for us to be sad anymore! Because there's a few pairs to save the day, affordable pairs that look almost if not just as good as our beloved originals! So you be the judge. Would you rather splurge(the more expensive pairs) or save(the less expensive pairs).
Splurge Vs. Save: Glitter Loafers

The Splurges: This list starts off with what I think are the actual originals, which are Jimmy Choo's glitter loafers (for men, though I think women could rock them as well!). I couldn't find the original price for these......but my mind wandered and I figured it'd be a huge splurge! Next up would be my dream pair, a gold and black version of the Darby Glitter Loafers from J. Crew. They're absolutely gorgeous, but out of my budget. So that leaves a pair from Steve Madden, which I guess if you compare the price of these to the J. Crew pair, they're less expensive, but compared to the saves, they're a little bit more expensive. So the Steve Madden pair could be a splurge or a save!


The Saves: Here comes the goodies! My favorite pair out of the saves would have to be glitter loafers from Bamboo for only $20! Though they're not as ridiculously blinged out as my J. Crew dream pair, they're still pretty cute! Then next up is the Multi-Glitter pair from GoJane for $18, which are actually really cute! I love the whole multi-glitter look! And then in the next row, there's a really adorable pair from TopShop for $40, and to me these seem like a classy-glitter. They're not too wild, but just right. And next to those, I really love this pair from BP. Its completely glittered out, and they're so gorgeous! This pair is $60. And like I mentioned before, depending on your wallet, the Steve Madden pair could be a save for $79.95.

P.S Happy Halloween! I'm getting ready to go spend some time with friends & hoard some candy! Have a fun & safe night.

13 comments:

Ally said...

Omg glitter loafers are awesome and put such a nice touch to any outfit!! Thanks for sharing these post :) Really love the Topshop ones!

xx, Ally

pinsandroses.blogspot.com

Tari said...

I agree! Thanks!

Rach said...

these glitter loafers are all so cute. I've been debating on buying the pair at gojane but didnt realize so many variations existed. Thanks for sharing!
www.sugarfilledcloset.com

Tari said...

You're welcome! Glad I could help!

Lola said...

I am the same!! Waiting for someone to introduce the alternative to miu miu sneakers!! XX

Tulips & Tulle said...

Great post!

Stella said...

I love glitter

http://thestyleattitude.blogspot.com

Gabbi said...

Love the glitter loafers! I've been meaning to snag a pair for a while now, and I love the J.Crew ones too. Sigh...XO
http://northshoreprep.blogspot.com

Heather Cavanaugh said...

Those Steve Maddens look exactly like my Jeffrey Campbell glitter loafers.

http://fashionistanygirl.blogspot.com/

Tariro K said...

Thanks everyone! I definitely agree about how cute they are! And Heather, really? How much were they?

Jenna Hughes said...

i love love love glitter! i've been lusting over those J Crew ones as well for quiet some time but they are too expensive! Thanks for the sweet comment, new blog post up now check it out :)

http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

his little lady said...

loafers themselves are just so fabulous right now. but to add sparkles.....this is over the charts. OBSESSING right now!
xo TJ

Josie said...

I LOVE the J. Crew ones! Gorgeous.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

All images & posts are property of Peppermint + Ivy, all rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.