2013: The Year of the Big Girl


     Happy new year everyone!! Ahhh! 2013, we made it! I'm so excited for the new year. I feel like this year is gonna be full of so many new things for me, and I really can't wait to see everything that happens! I look at this year as the perfect time for me to grow. I'm 16, and I feel like I now know things I like, things I don't like, and things that I'd like to do a little differently.

     For the past few years, I've let so many little things get to me. I've cried over silly things, I've gotten frustrated over small ones, and I've dwelled over situations that I look back on now and just laugh at because they really weren't a big deal. With this blog, I've gotten to do so many cool things and i'm starting to see what I might want to do in the future. I'd love to be a writer for a magazine, or maybe a stylist, creative director is at the top of my list (hi Jenna Lyons!), and I'd really like to try interior designing too! So I plan on focusing on those things on the blog too. I want this to be the perfect place where I can talk about things I love and hear opinions from other people too.

     In 2013, I really want to change my perspective. I felt myself getting jealous of others way too much last year (or yesterday). I'd want someone else's clothes, someone else's athletic abilities, someone else's opportunities, and I didn't take the time to realize my own! My clothes aren't so bad at all, and I even made an elite club lacrosse team too! I'm still young and I feel like I have a long road ahead of me with lots of cool things coming up. I plan on taking things by stride this year. I want to focus on school, sports, and of course my blog. But I'd like to do them my way.....without outside pressures. I want to be a little more independent. I want to grow. That's when I feel the best and that's when I produce the best. I just want to have some fun. I wish you all an amazing year, and hopefully you stick around with me and my blog, and see where the year takes me! Thank you for supporting me in whatever I do!

 P.S the wedding this weekend in Louisiana was AMAZING!! Congratulations to my aunt and new uncle! Here are some instagram pictures I snapped when I could, and once the wedding photos get sent out I'll see if I can post a few of those too! I got to be a bridesmaid!


{I was so in love with the makeup!!}

{A little silliness goes a long way}



{Obligatory mirror pictures, can you tell we're teenagers?}

{Too adorable for words!}

0 comments:

All images & posts are property of Peppermint + Ivy, all rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.