Belted Brilliance


     I feel like I've made it my life mission to belt everything this summer! Well....maybe not everything, but somehow each time I'm ready to walk out the door, I always wonder if a belt could make it all better. And though my outfit doesn't always end up all better with a belt, I usually leave smiling because at least I tried. So, here are a few ways on how I've been belting it up when I'm not in my coach gear (neon green, thats where the love stems from).

Belted Brilliance

Outfit #1: I love the idea of belting a dress! I saw someone wearing a gorgeous lace dress with this really cool hook belt and I was hooked on the style. I really like the idea of wearing a fitted shirt over a dress, and then adding a belt over both of them. It looks really cool, and it's just a fun twist on a simple trend. If it's too hot or you're not one for the shirt, you can always skip it and just belt your dress. Pair it with a unique tote bag and a cute pair of floral brogues.

Outfit #2: I've also begun to tuck in my tops a lot, especially when I wear blouses or tight fitting t-shirts. For this look, I had the idea to wear a blouse tucked into a skirt, then simply put the belt over the skirt. It just looks so cute together, especially if the belt is neutral and on top of a skirt that is colored. I usually pair the outfit with some sandals, bracelets or bangles, and a cool bag.

Outfit #3: Following in the footsteps of my favorite colored shorts, I've begun to pair them with neutral or dark colored tops and shirts. And then following in the second footsteps on tucking them in, I've also begun to front-tuck! I'm not sure if that's a real word, but we can go with it from here. I love front-tucking , and I wear a belt with my shorts, so the belt just peaks out where I've tucked in my shirt. I think it looks really cool, especially if the belt is colored too, or even if it's neutral because then it pops even more! It'd look even better with a pair of colorful flats and a cute little bag.

Have you been belting this summer?

13 comments:

The Dragonfruit said...

Belts really do add such a nice touch! And it shows in these outfits - I want to wear them all! Especially the first two :)

Trendy Teal
Enter to win a Stitched + Adorned Giveaway!

Tiana said...

thank you so so much for your comment on my blog :) it warmed my heart and TRULY meant the world to me :D

you, my dear, are absolutely adorable. i love all of the fashion advice you give and you are truly something special :)

belts happen to be one of my favorite accessories. they really can take a look for this to that in seconds!

xoxo,
t

Grace said...

That anchor skirt is so adorable! A belt really can make a world of a difference on an outfit!

Tari said...

I'm glad you all agree with me! :)
And thank you Tiana!

Rory said...

WOWZZAAA..you continue to blow me away! I can't decide what I like best: The anchor skirt or the pink toe ballet flats! :)
Rory
www.WearAboutsBlog.com

canvasofculture said...

love the combo of white dress+ teal shirt! and the denim shirt is great too:)

http://canvasofculture.blogspot.com/

Abby said...

I am loving all these outfits! You have impeccable taste :)

Дарья said...

интересный блог)

http://sunrise-of-style.blogspot.com/

Marella said...

You look amazing dear!
Love your style and your blog!
I would like to invite you enter my Shop Bones Giveaway, you can win an amazing dress!
http://memyselfandmycloset.blogspot.it/2012/07/shop-bones-giveaway-win-my-dress.html

Btw, following you on GFC and Bloglovin! Hope you'll follow me back! <3

Jessica said...

super cute looks!! yes a belt is a great way to jazz up an outfit and add some extra shape :D

-Jessica
http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

Always Maylee said...

I love all 3 outfits, they are so cute. I want that anchor skirt. Thank you for stopping by, I'd love for us to follow each other! :)

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Boyana said...

Definitely great suggestions! Belts' role in an outfit is irreplaceable.
I love the way you write your blog posts, you make them all pretty in a way.
x,
B.

!Welcome said...

love the outfits, you really did a great styling!!

All images & posts are property of Peppermint + Ivy, all rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.