Bright Ideas

     Sometimes I feel bad for winter. Does that sound weird? Well, let me explain why. I feel like winter's sometimes dubbed as the boring season, when everyone just runs inside and shoos it away. Slowly, winter is emerging as what I consider as one of the most fashionable seasons ever! For some reason, we all break out the crazy prints and colors during winter! Might it be because they look absolutely amazing against a white backdrop? I'm not really sure. But what I do know is that I really want to rock more colorful items this winter!

     I especially draw colorful inspiration from Blair of Atlantic-Pacific, and I'd like to say a special thank you to her for inspiring me to bring out my bright ideas! Blair's fashion sense is absolutely amazing, and she just comes up with the most beautiful outfits! Seeing her outfits gives me a few ideas of what I'd like to try next, and it's just so much fun! Here are some bright yet stylish clothes I'm loving now, and wouldn't mind putting on.
Bright Ideas!

Yellow Blazer: I absolutely love this blazer! The color is just gorgeous, and it's shape seems so fitting.

Colorful Sperry Top-siders: I finally got my pair of boat shoes, and I couldn't be happier! They are so comfortable, and because of their neutral color they go with everything. But, I really like these colorful Sperrys just as much! They're gorgeous, and the colors are beautiful. They're so fun and playful, which I like a lot.

Cut-out Red Dress: Since it's cold out, you may have to layer up when you put on this dress, but it's so pretty! I love the color, and the fact that the red is just so vibrant.

Bright Yellow Jeans: I've always been a fan of colorful jeans, and these make the cut! They remind me of lemons, and they're just sweet.

Hot Pink Hunter Boots: So apparently these Hunters were only $52......how come I wasn't notified of this? They already sold out! But how gorgeous are they? The pink is just a gorgeous color, and they look so fun and cute! I would probably pick this pink pair over any gray or black pair anyday!

Colorful Satchel Bags: How cute are these satchels?! They turn a cool classic into an even cooler and more fun accessory! I'd absolutely love one of these for school, and I think it matches my personality perfectly.

Bright Green Tunic Dress: My favorite thing about this dress is its simplicity. It's not too much, but it's just enough to get the ball rolling. It would be perfect with a pair of leggings to keep the cold away, and any additional pieces to go along with it.

Bright Printed Shoes: I love all the crazy different prints of these two pairs of shoes! The closed toe wedges are adorable, but I think my favorite pair would have to be the open toe wedges! The prints are gorgeous, and they'd be the perfect party or dinner shoes.

14 comments:

Sarah Hartley said...

Great choices and those shoes are to DIE for. So fantastic.
Sarah
http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

Heather Cavanaugh said...

I'm REALLY into brights this winter! I did a post a few post backs on how to wear neons during the winter. I really believe that everyone should brighten up their winter! Love all of your picks esp the cambridge satchels!

http://fashionistanygirl.blogspot.com/

Grace said...

Those satchels are darling! And I love the look of the new J. Crew Sperry's!

Tiffany said...

ooh I love all the things you posted! I'm starting to really love bright neon colours now :D

julianne. said...

i absolutely ADORE everything you picked.
love the bright colors.
so adorable.

Anonymous said...

Those wellies are so much fun!

Tulips & Tulle said...

Love it! Please come visit Tulips&Tulle :)

Tari said...

Thanks everyone! Glad you like my picks!

Yuka said...

cool choices! yes, her blog is great and she def wears colors well.

Ellen H. said...

I'm in love with the neon cambridge satchels -- and I just stumbled upon your blog. I love it!! Keep up the adorable posts, girl :)

<3
xx,
Ellen
http://www.mintgreensubmarine.com/

Secondhand Stella said...

I love the idea of adding color to winter wardrobes!

Don't miss my Leuer earring giveaway!

http://brileeo.blogspot.com/2012/01/color-crush-giveaway.html

SWEATshirtDRESSshirt said...

I was just thinking about making a post like this today! Great minds think alike. :) I'm loving all of your picks. They're making me excited for spring!

XO,
SWEATshirt DRESSshirt
http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com

Alicia Lund said...

Blair is a total fashion inspiration for me too... she definitely makes me want to wear more color!

Unknown said...

I am all about bright hues this season, great picks!

xo Ashleigh

www.thedaileigh.com

All images & posts are property of Peppermint + Ivy, all rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.